International Students

45 different countries are represented at SPU.

International Students Counselor

Have questions? Contact International Admissions Counselor Isaiah Peterson at

Who Is an International Student?
  • Students legally in the United States, but not a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.

  • Students who are (or will be) in the U.S. and are here on a temporary non-resident visa. (most commonly an F-1 student visa).

Should I apply as a first-year, transfer, or post-baccalaureate student?
  • Apply as a first-year student if you are coming to SPU directly after your high school graduation.
  • Apply as a transfer student if you earned transferable credit from a college or university after graduating high school, but did not complete a bachelor’s degree.
  • Apply as a post-baccalaureate student if you have already earned a bachelor’s degree and are seeking additional bachelor’-level studies.
  • Apply as a graduate student if you have a qualified bachelor’s degree and want admission to a master’s-level program. Graduate applicants should contact our Graduate Admissions Office at Learn more.

*Nursing applicants: If you are a transfer or post-baccalaureate student and want direct admission to nursing, please see the application requirements on our nursing apply page. You must also provide additional application materials to the Prelicensure Nursing Program.

Danielle Widjaya

People of color face common barriers in the workplace

So Danielle, who is from Indonesia, helped create the Black History Month Speaker Series, bringing black business professionals to campus.

Read more about the event

Why I teach at SPU
Professor of Spanish and Latin American Studies

For international students at SPU, there's more to the future than just making money.